Cave Smart Home Starter Kit, VHS-001-SK
Free App – No monthly charges
Cave is fully App controlled, set alarms when away from home or add an IP camera to your system and view your home remotely. The Cave App is free, there are no monthly charges for using the App
Cave is modular, using a secure barcode system, you can add unlimited Cave accessories to your starter kit. Accessories can be paired to the App in minutes
Cave is wireless, easy to set-up and use. The starter kit includes everything you need to start your smart home alarm. Cave works over wifi, or a back-up SIM card, should the wifi go offline (SIM card not included
- Frequency 528MHz
- Memory 512MB LVDDR3
- Flash 4GB eMMC
- Wireless Range 433.92MHz RF Distance 200m without obstacle – Wi-Fi 2.4GHz IEEE 802.11b/g/n, range 50m
- Mobile GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz, for global GSM carriers
- Battery 2200mAh Rechargeable Lithium
- Standby Time 8 hours
- Battery 2200mAh Rechargeable Lithium
- Build-in Siren 100dB, can be muted by App
- Power In DC 5V2A
- App iOS & Android
- Max Accessories Unlimited
- Working Temp 0℃ – 60℃
What’s in the box
- 1 x Cave SmartHub
- 1 x Cave Wireless Motion Sensor
- 1 x Cave Wireless Contact Sensor
- 1 x Cave Remote Control
- 1m Ethernet Cable
- Fixing Kit and Anchors
- Multi-lingual User Manual
- Q: Are there any running costs for Cave?Answer : No! Once your Cave system is installed, you have unlimited access to Cave. There are no running costs or monthly subscriptions. The Cave app is free of charge, and can be downloaded from the app store on your smart device. This excludes the purchase of additional accessories and SIM card costs (should you chose to use a SIM card).
- Q: What is the effective distance between the SmartHub and sensors?
The maximum distance between the SmartHub and sensors is up to 180 metres in open area. This distance may be reduced by the presence of thick walls.
- Q: What area will the motion sensor cover?
The motion sensor is able to detect motion up to 9m in front of the sensor. The sensor’s field of view is 110°, it is most effective when mounted in the corner of a room.
- Q: Will the alarm work during a power failure?
Yes, the SmartHub has a built-in rechargeable battery with enough power for approx. 5-8 hours. Should the mains power fail, you will receive a notification on your phone. If you have inserted an SMS card in the SmartHub, you can also receive this notification via SMS.
- Q: What happens if my Wi-Fi goes offline?Answer : The Cave Smart Hub has a SIM card slot which can utilise GPRS mobile phone coverage (check your network’s website for coverage in your location). If your fixed landline broadband internet connection is lost the SIM card* will operate as a back-up and the Cave smart alarm will operate as normal. In this scenario, you will receive a notification indicating that your Wi-Fi has dropped and Cave is using the SIM. * SIM card not included.
- Q: What happens to my Cave app if my smart device needs an update?
- Answer : We are continuously working to ensure our app is ready for each update on all IOS and Android platforms before the update is released.
- Q: What is required to use the Cave system?
The Cave alarm system communicates over the internet so it’s necessary that you have the following: internet router with 2.4GHz wifi IEEE 802.11 a/b/g standard, an active internet subscription and an iPhone® with iOS® 7.0 or later or an Android™ smartphone with Android™ 4.3 or later.
- Q: How many accessories can be connected to Cave?
Up to 99 separate accessories.
- Q: Forgotten your password?
Use the ‘Forgot your password?’ link, and follow instructions, to recover your account details.
- Q: Why is my Cave Contact Sensor not registering an alert when the door is opening?Answer : Ensure the Cave Wireless Contact Sensor has been successfully paired with you Smart Hub and it’s not in a wifi ‘Dead Zone’. If your door/window frame is metal this will cause a signal failure, metal blocks wifi signals.
- Q: Is there a siren to notify a security breach?Answer : Yes! The Cave Smart Hub contains a 100dB siren which will sound immediately when triggered, and this can be muted remotely using the app. Furthermore, you will be notified on your smart device. We are looking to add an outdoor/external siren in the near future!